Manila Clams with Manzanilla or Amontillado Sherry
Adapted from Moro the Cookbook
4 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 lbs manila clams, rinsed
2/3 cup manzanilla sherry
1 bunch Italian parsley, washed and chopped
1. Heat a large, heavy sauté pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and garlic. Let fry a minute until it begins to colour.
2. Add the clams and toss with the garlic and oil. Season with a little salt.
3. Pour in the sherry and add half the parsley, shaking the pan.
4. Cover and let cook a minute or two, until the clams have opened. Tasted for seasoning.
5. Sprinkle on the rest of the parsley.
6. Ladle into bowls and serve with crostini.